We couldn’t in good conscience spend an entire hour talking only about stadiums, so we brought Charlie Pierce in to do what he does best — talk about sports. Pat Summitt retired as head basketball coach at Tennessee, and Charlie told us what her most impressive legacy is. Also leaving school will be the entire starting five from Kentucky’s national championship team, and Charlie weighed in on that as well. Charlie also talked about Dwight Howard’s recent injury, the NFL draft, and — of course — his favorite stadiums, both past and present.
Latest Show: April 25, 2015
- Steve Ballmer, ‘The Most Normal $24 Billion Owner,’ Lets Loose In L.A.
- With Falling Numbers, Black College Basketball Coaches Form New Group
- In Div. I, Small Gains For Female Athletic Directors
- Making Sense Of The NFL’s Concussion Settlement
- Meet Joe Linta, An NFL Agent In Search Of Overlooked Prospects
- In ‘Natural Born Heroes,’ McDougall Leaps Into Parkour
- French Swimmer Leveaux’s Autobiography Stirs Up Controversy
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- April 17, 1979: The Night Only 250 Fans Showed Up In Oakland
- The Annapolis Cup: Drinks, Dancing And, Oh Yeah, Croquet