We couldn’t in good conscience spend an entire hour talking only about stadiums, so we brought Charlie Pierce in to do what he does best — talk about sports. Pat Summitt retired as head basketball coach at Tennessee, and Charlie told us what her most impressive legacy is. Also leaving school will be the entire starting five from Kentucky’s national championship team, and Charlie weighed in on that as well. Charlie also talked about Dwight Howard’s recent injury, the NFL draft, and — of course — his favorite stadiums, both past and present.
Latest Show: May 23, 2015
- Michael Sam, Women’s World Cup And The NBA’s Foul Problem
- Sport Is Politics For 73-Year-Old FC Barcelona Fan
- American Pharoah Could Win Triple Crown … But Won’t Save Racing
- Can A Love Of Horse Racing And A Love Of Animals Co-Exist?
- ‘(Dis)Honesty’ Explores Why People — And Athletes — Cheat
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘League Of Outsider Baseball’ And The Sino-Japanese War
- Competitive Hoop Rolling: A Wellesley College Tradition