This week on Only A Game, Charlie Pierce stopped by as he always does to offer his perspective on the biggest sports stories of the week. The Major League Baseball season kicked off with four different opening days on two different continents, and Charlie weighed in the longest opening game in Major League history, and one pitcher who missed opening day with particularly peculiar injury. Charlie also gave us his take on the two NCAA basketball champions, but says one of the teams could look very different this time next season. Also this week, Charlie talks about the job security of NBA coaches, high school football recruits taking a wrong turn in Texas, and players in the Lebanese basketball league scoring an unfathomable amount of points.
Latest Show: June 27, 2015
- Darts Study Proves The Power Of Rivalries
- Inside South American Soccer Rivalries
- Ken Dryden On Canada’s Stanley Cup Rivalry With The U.S.
- MLB Draft Pick Pat Connaughton Drafted Again By NBA
- In Chess, The Computer Rival Becomes The Teacher
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘Great Men Die Twice’ Revisits The Writing Of Mark Kram
- The Battle For The Waves: Surfers Vs. S.U.P.ers