This week on Only A Game, Charlie Pierce stopped by as he always does to offer his perspective on the biggest sports stories of the week. The Major League Baseball season kicked off with four different opening days on two different continents, and Charlie weighed in the longest opening game in Major League history, and one pitcher who missed opening day with particularly peculiar injury. Charlie also gave us his take on the two NCAA basketball champions, but says one of the teams could look very different this time next season. Also this week, Charlie talks about the job security of NBA coaches, high school football recruits taking a wrong turn in Texas, and players in the Lebanese basketball league scoring an unfathomable amount of points.
Latest Show: February 28, 2015
- Life On Major League Soccer’s Minimum Salary
- Stars Drive MLS Popularity, But Is That The Right Strategy?
- The Dangers Of The ‘Perfect’ Court Storm
- How Young Is Too Young To Start Recruiting Kids?
- Ralph Nader And A Plan To ‘Save Sports’
- Former Olympian Edwin Moses: American Sports Don’t Need Saving
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Utah Women’s Gymnastics Team: The Greatest Show On Mats
- Remembering ‘Sports Phone,’ The Go-To Service For Sports Fans, Gamblers