This week on Only A Game, Charlie Pierce stopped by as he always does to offer his perspective on the biggest sports stories of the week. The Major League Baseball season kicked off with four different opening days on two different continents, and Charlie weighed in the longest opening game in Major League history, and one pitcher who missed opening day with particularly peculiar injury. Charlie also gave us his take on the two NCAA basketball champions, but says one of the teams could look very different this time next season. Also this week, Charlie talks about the job security of NBA coaches, high school football recruits taking a wrong turn in Texas, and players in the Lebanese basketball league scoring an unfathomable amount of points.
Latest Show: January 31, 2015
- Coaching Styles Clash At Super Bowl
- Seahawks Secondary: Cashing In
- Ref Overcomes Near-Death Experience To Reach Super Bowl
- Is A Sarcastic Teenager The Future Of American Tennis?
- An Encounter With Ernie Banks
- ‘The Fall Line:’ The Story Of U.S. Skiing’s Ascent
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Remembering Martin Brodeur’s Career
- Super Bowl Haiku XXI