This week on Only A Game, Charlie Pierce stopped by as he always does to offer his perspective on the biggest sports stories of the week. The Major League Baseball season kicked off with four different opening days on two different continents, and Charlie weighed in the longest opening game in Major League history, and one pitcher who missed opening day with particularly peculiar injury. Charlie also gave us his take on the two NCAA basketball champions, but says one of the teams could look very different this time next season. Also this week, Charlie talks about the job security of NBA coaches, high school football recruits taking a wrong turn in Texas, and players in the Lebanese basketball league scoring an unfathomable amount of points.
Latest Show: May 21, 2016
- Not Dead Yet: The Unpredictable History Of Baseball’s Bunt
- A Magazine Editor’s Attempt To Get (Very) Good At Tennis
- 3 Stories: Zero Latino Managers, NCAA Concussion Lawsuits, David Ortiz
- High-Interest Loans Tempt Families Waiting For NFL Settlement Checks
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Tommy Warren: A WWII Veteran Turned MLB Pitcher