This week on Only A Game, Charlie Pierce stopped by as he always does to offer his perspective on the biggest sports stories of the week. The Major League Baseball season kicked off with four different opening days on two different continents, and Charlie weighed in the longest opening game in Major League history, and one pitcher who missed opening day with particularly peculiar injury. Charlie also gave us his take on the two NCAA basketball champions, but says one of the teams could look very different this time next season. Also this week, Charlie talks about the job security of NBA coaches, high school football recruits taking a wrong turn in Texas, and players in the Lebanese basketball league scoring an unfathomable amount of points.
Latest Show: October 3, 2015
- Did The NCAA Win Or Lose The O’Bannon Case Appeal?
- SMU’s Brown Suspended, MLB’s First Female Coach And New Olympic Sports?
- Right To Win: Help For Those Who Can’t Afford To ‘Pay To Play’
- Nationals Youth Academy: ‘A Mirage Amongst Tumbledown Streets’
- New Study Revives ‘Hot Hand’ Debate
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Basketball Meets The CIA In Uganda
- ‘Pine Tar Game’ Explores The Aftermath Of A Contested Home Run