Only A Game analyst Charlie Pierce is on the road this week, but he’s never too busy to give us a call to talk sports. He’s in New Orleans for the men’s Final Four, so he’ll give us his prediction on who will walk off the court as champions on Monday night. Kentucky is the heavy favorite, and Maryland coach Gary Williams thinks they would be able to hang with the NBA’s Washington Wizards. Charlie will weigh in on that as well. The women’s Final Four in Denver features four No. 1 seeds, but Charlie says one still stands above the rest. Also this week, Charlie gives us his take on the start of the MLB season in Japan, women playing golf at Augusta National, re-named London subway stations, and breaking political news on Jose Canseco’s Twitter feed.
October 25, 2014
- In A Pinch, The Royals Run
- Does Barry Bonds Get Too Much Blame For The Steroids Era?
- Detroit Lions’ Strong Start
- Clippers Set To Begin Post-Sterling Era
- UNC Academic Scandal Broadens Following Wainstein Report
- Bob Ryan Reflects On A Career Covering Sports In ‘Scribe’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- MLB Broadcaster Carries Out A Friend’s Final Wish
- Poland’s Jewish History Plays Out On Soccer Pitch