Charlie Pierce has been known to say, “The Super Bowl is good.” This week, he tells Bill Littlefield whether the record 117.7 million people who tuned into the game on NBC have reason to agree. Also, Charlie offers a tip of the Only A Game cap to Harvard grad (and Knicks point guard) Jeremy Lin, who’s meteoric rise to the top has surprised just about everyone. Also, Knowshon Moreno’s ill-advised license plate, Jason Terry’s next tattoo, and the biggest Winter Classic yet. Plus, nobody expects the Spanish Tennis Federation.
Latest Show: April 25, 2015
- Steve Ballmer, ‘The Most Normal $24 Billion Owner,’ Lets Loose In L.A.
- With Falling Numbers, Black College Basketball Coaches Form New Group
- In Div. I, Small Gains For Female Athletic Directors
- Making Sense Of The NFL’s Concussion Settlement
- Meet Joe Linta, An NFL Agent In Search Of Overlooked Prospects
- In ‘Natural Born Heroes,’ McDougall Leaps Into Parkour
- French Swimmer Leveaux’s Autobiography Stirs Up Controversy
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- April 17, 1979: The Night Only 250 Fans Showed Up In Oakland
- The Annapolis Cup: Drinks, Dancing And, Oh Yeah, Croquet