Justin Verlander and the Tigers avoided elimination by the Rangers on Thursday night with a 7-5 victory, cutting Texas’ lead to 3-2 in the series going into Saturday night’s game. Delmon Young helped the cause with two of Detroit’s four homers and Miguel Cabrera knocked in the tiebreaking runs with his double in the sixth inning — thanks to a bizarre bounce off third base.
Latest Show: February 6, 2016
- Going On 50: Don Crisman And The ‘Never Miss A Super Bowl Club’
- ‘The Game’s Not Over’ Seeks Middle Ground In Football Debate
- 3 Stories You Should Know: USWNT, Harbaugh Hoopla, Mechanical Doping
- Super Bowl Veteran Dave Pear: ‘It Just Wasn’t Worth It To Me’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week in Sports
- What’s It Like Watching 49 Straight Super Bowls?
- Super Bowl Haiku XXII