Justin Verlander and the Tigers avoided elimination by the Rangers on Thursday night with a 7-5 victory, cutting Texas’ lead to 3-2 in the series going into Saturday night’s game. Delmon Young helped the cause with two of Detroit’s four homers and Miguel Cabrera knocked in the tiebreaking runs with his double in the sixth inning — thanks to a bizarre bounce off third base.
Latest Show: September 13, 2014
- The NFL, Ray Rice And Roger Goodell
- Will Leitch On The Rice Saga
- NFL’s TV ‘Blackout’ Rule In Jeopardy
- Buffalo Bills’ Fans Relieved After Sale
- Will The Royal And Ancient Golf Club Admit Women?
- ‘NFL Football’ Explores League’s Business History
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- When Washington, D.C. Ruled Baseball
- The Rise, Fall And Rise Of Pinball