Justin Verlander and the Tigers avoided elimination by the Rangers on Thursday night with a 7-5 victory, cutting Texas’ lead to 3-2 in the series going into Saturday night’s game. Delmon Young helped the cause with two of Detroit’s four homers and Miguel Cabrera knocked in the tiebreaking runs with his double in the sixth inning — thanks to a bizarre bounce off third base.
Latest Show: July 4, 2015
- Flag Exchange For NASCAR Fans; Blatter’s Travel Plans And A-Rod’s Comeback
- The NBA’s Most Interesting Free Agency Pitches
- Dustin Brown: A Tennis Man With A Van
- Physical Pain, Emotional Healing At U.S. Army ‘Combatives’ Tournament
- Has The Wrong Coolidge Been Added To The Nats’ Presidents Race?
- Commentary: Why Jose Canseco Really Regrets ‘Juiced’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘Fanaticus’ Explores Why Sports Fans Get Unruly
- Trap Shooting Hits Its Target In Minnesota High Schools