Justin Verlander and the Tigers avoided elimination by the Rangers on Thursday night with a 7-5 victory, cutting Texas’ lead to 3-2 in the series going into Saturday night’s game. Delmon Young helped the cause with two of Detroit’s four homers and Miguel Cabrera knocked in the tiebreaking runs with his double in the sixth inning — thanks to a bizarre bounce off third base.
Latest Show: August 16, 2014
- NFL Trend: Teams Team Up To Train
- Do Quarterbacks Matter At Alabama?
- As Culture Shifts, Gay Games Look To Future
- Tony Stewart, Kevin Ward Jr. And Unanswered Questions
- ‘Power Soccer’ Puts Wheelchair Users Into The Game
- Featured Book: ‘Football: Great Writing About The National Sport’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Winter Olympians Turn To Extreme Diving To Gain An Edge
- Lawn Bowls Adds New Chapter To Its Long History In Glasgow