Justin Verlander and the Tigers avoided elimination by the Rangers on Thursday night with a 7-5 victory, cutting Texas’ lead to 3-2 in the series going into Saturday night’s game. Delmon Young helped the cause with two of Detroit’s four homers and Miguel Cabrera knocked in the tiebreaking runs with his double in the sixth inning — thanks to a bizarre bounce off third base.
Latest Show: May 23, 2015
- Michael Sam, Women’s World Cup And The NBA’s Foul Problem
- Sport Is Politics For 73-Year-Old FC Barcelona Fan
- American Pharoah Could Win Triple Crown … But Won’t Save Racing
- Can A Love Of Horse Racing And A Love Of Animals Co-Exist?
- ‘(Dis)Honesty’ Explores Why People — And Athletes — Cheat
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘League Of Outsider Baseball’ And The Sino-Japanese War
- Competitive Hoop Rolling: A Wellesley College Tradition