The Tour de France begins on Saturday, and defending champion Alberto Contador is looking to repeat. However, his victory might be taken away from the courts, as he is defending himself against a positive doping test from last year’s tour. Charlie Pierce talks to Bill Littlefield about Contador’s predicament, along with another drug related issue involving golfer Robert Garrigus. In addition, Charlie gives his input on the two sport lockouts, and rails against the MLB’s plans to seize the Dodgers.
October 25, 2014
- In A Pinch, The Royals Run
- Does Barry Bonds Get Too Much Blame For The Steroids Era?
- Detroit Lions’ Strong Start
- Clippers Set To Begin Post-Sterling Era
- UNC Academic Scandal Broadens Following Wainstein Report
- Bob Ryan Reflects On A Career Covering Sports In ‘Scribe’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- MLB Broadcaster Carries Out A Friend’s Final Wish
- Poland’s Jewish History Plays Out On Soccer Pitch