In December, Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup. Hosting outdoor athletic events in the summer heat of the Middle East is one concern. Another is the small nation’s ability to mesh its own cultural standards with those of the global crowds who will converge there. Ken Shulman traveled to Qatar to report on the country’s preparations for the tournament.
Latest Show: July 26, 2014
- NFL Concussion Settlement Draws Concerns
- The Rivalry That Could Save Golf?
- As Traditional Golf Courses Shutter, Topgolf Draws Crowds
- Cardinals-Cubs Kerfuffle Over MLB’s Competitive-Balance Lottery
- Drama And Heroics At Wiffle Ball All-Star Game
- Old-Timers Rule At Snoopy’s Senior World Hockey Tournament
- Commentary: Crime And Punishment In The NFL
- Charlie Pierce: News Of The Week
- Ji Cheng: China’s First Tour De France Rider
- Commonwealth Games Showcase Scottish National Pride