In December, Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup. Hosting outdoor athletic events in the summer heat of the Middle East is one concern. Another is the small nation’s ability to mesh its own cultural standards with those of the global crowds who will converge there. Ken Shulman traveled to Qatar to report on the country’s preparations for the tournament.
Latest Show: July 4, 2015
- Flag Exchange For NASCAR Fans; Blatter’s Travel Plans And A-Rod’s Comeback
- The NBA’s Most Interesting Free Agency Pitches
- Dustin Brown: A Tennis Man With A Van
- Physical Pain, Emotional Healing At U.S. Army ‘Combatives’ Tournament
- Has The Wrong Coolidge Been Added To The Nats’ Presidents Race?
- Commentary: Why Jose Canseco Really Regrets ‘Juiced’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘Fanaticus’ Explores Why Sports Fans Get Unruly
- Trap Shooting Hits Its Target In Minnesota High Schools