In December, Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup. Hosting outdoor athletic events in the summer heat of the Middle East is one concern. Another is the small nation’s ability to mesh its own cultural standards with those of the global crowds who will converge there. Ken Shulman traveled to Qatar to report on the country’s preparations for the tournament.
Latest Show: October 10, 2015
- Broadcasting History, Louisville’s Scandal And CC Sabathia
- ‘Knock ‘Em Dead:’ Sending Best Wishes To CC Sabathia
- Bob Gibson Recalls World Series Start And More, ‘Pitch by Pitch’
- Doc Adams: 19th Century Ballplayer, 21st Century Hall of Famer?
- The Gospel Of Tony Franklin: Tempo, Tempo, Tempo — And Sharing
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Why You Should Embrace The Rugby World Cup
- Keila Merino: Not Your Average Runner