In December, Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup. Hosting outdoor athletic events in the summer heat of the Middle East is one concern. Another is the small nation’s ability to mesh its own cultural standards with those of the global crowds who will converge there. Ken Shulman traveled to Qatar to report on the country’s preparations for the tournament.
Latest Show: August 29, 2015
- 10 Years Post-Katrina, The Role Of Sports In New Orleans’ Recovery
- The Future Of Sports Betting, The Mets’ Surge And The Value Of ‘Team Chemistry’
- Rugby Star Leaves Australia For Try At The NFL
- Fowling: Football-Bowling Hybrid Strikes Detroit
- ‘Year Of The Dunk’ Extends Above The Rim
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- No Sibling Rivalry Here: Katie And Michael Ledecky
- Is It Time To Put Diver Greg Louganis On The Wheaties Box?