In December, Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup. Hosting outdoor athletic events in the summer heat of the Middle East is one concern. Another is the small nation’s ability to mesh its own cultural standards with those of the global crowds who will converge there. Ken Shulman traveled to Qatar to report on the country’s preparations for the tournament.
Latest Show: November 29, 2014
- SI’s Michael McCann on Ray Rice Reinstatement
- No. 1 Kentucky: Good Enough For The NBA?
- Amherst Women Set Record With 100 Home Court Wins
- College Football’s Most Storied Rivalry Trophies
- New York Times’ 4th Down Bot Brings Logic To The NFL
- Sports Radio Without The Outrage? WSJ’s Jason Gay’s Crazy Idea
- Featured Book: ‘The Game Of Our Lives’ Soccer and Identity In U.K.
- News Of The Week With Charlie Pierce
- Do Not Pass Go: Board Games Make A Comeback
- Willie Mays: Grinning Like A Cheshire Cat