In December, Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup. Hosting outdoor athletic events in the summer heat of the Middle East is one concern. Another is the small nation’s ability to mesh its own cultural standards with those of the global crowds who will converge there. Ken Shulman traveled to Qatar to report on the country’s preparations for the tournament.
Latest Show: February 28, 2015
- Life On Major League Soccer’s Minimum Salary
- Stars Drive MLS Popularity, But Is That The Right Strategy?
- The Dangers Of The ‘Perfect’ Court Storm
- How Young Is Too Young To Start Recruiting Kids?
- Ralph Nader And A Plan To ‘Save Sports’
- Former Olympian Edwin Moses: American Sports Don’t Need Saving
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Utah Women’s Gymnastics Team: The Greatest Show On Mats
- Remembering ‘Sports Phone,’ The Go-To Service For Sports Fans, Gamblers