In December, Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup. Hosting outdoor athletic events in the summer heat of the Middle East is one concern. Another is the small nation’s ability to mesh its own cultural standards with those of the global crowds who will converge there. Ken Shulman traveled to Qatar to report on the country’s preparations for the tournament.
Latest Show: January 31, 2015
- Coaching Styles Clash At Super Bowl
- Seahawks Secondary: Cashing In
- Ref Overcomes Near-Death Experience To Reach Super Bowl
- Is A Sarcastic Teenager The Future Of American Tennis?
- An Encounter With Ernie Banks
- ‘The Fall Line:’ The Story Of U.S. Skiing’s Ascent
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Remembering Martin Brodeur’s Career
- Super Bowl Haiku XXI