In December, Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup. Hosting outdoor athletic events in the summer heat of the Middle East is one concern. Another is the small nation’s ability to mesh its own cultural standards with those of the global crowds who will converge there. Ken Shulman traveled to Qatar to report on the country’s preparations for the tournament.
Latest Show: August 23, 2014
- Why Is Ohio State Trying To Be The Philadelphia Eagles?
- Ahead Of US Open, Eyes Turn To Canada’s Tennis Star
- Spanish Economic Troubles Trickle Down To Soccer
- Little League World Series: How Much Coverage Is Too Much?
- Hong Kong Little League: No Glamour, All Fun
- ‘The Opening Kickoff’ Reveals Controversies Of Football’s Early Days
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Dick Bavetta: 39 Years As An NBA Ref
- Crash In The Grass: Lawn Mower Demolition Derby