When Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara checked Montreal Canadiens left wing Max Pacioretty into the boards Tuesday night, he left Pacioretty with a concussion and a broken vertebra. Chara wasn’t suspended, but Elliotte Friedman of the CBC’s “Hockey Night in Canada” thinks he should have been. Bill talks with Friedman about the hit. We’ll also report on the effectiveness of the league’s ban on blind-side hits and some new proposals that will be discussed when general managers hold meetings next week.
Latest Show: August 1, 2015
- Employee Rights: Tom Brady v. The Average Man
- Athens 20-All, State-Sponsored Exercise, And Robotic Umps?
- Dutee Chand Wins Gender Fight In Track And Field
- Champion Boxer Daniel Jacobs’ Biggest Fight Wasn’t In The Ring
- ‘Mashi’ Chronicles Journey of Japan’s First MLB Player
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- After Accident, ‘Madman’ Poole Uses Handcycle To Conquer Backcountry
- NFL Youth Exercise Program: Healthy Fun Or Marketing Ploy?