When Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara checked Montreal Canadiens left wing Max Pacioretty into the boards Tuesday night, he left Pacioretty with a concussion and a broken vertebra. Chara wasn’t suspended, but Elliotte Friedman of the CBC’s “Hockey Night in Canada” thinks he should have been. Bill talks with Friedman about the hit. We’ll also report on the effectiveness of the league’s ban on blind-side hits and some new proposals that will be discussed when general managers hold meetings next week.
Latest Show: August 29, 2015
- 10 Years Post-Katrina, The Role Of Sports In New Orleans’ Recovery
- The Future Of Sports Betting, The Mets’ Surge And The Value Of ‘Team Chemistry’
- Rugby Star Leaves Australia For Try At The NFL
- Fowling: Football-Bowling Hybrid Strikes Detroit
- ‘Year Of The Dunk’ Extends Above The Rim
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- No Sibling Rivalry Here: Katie And Michael Ledecky
- Is It Time To Put Diver Greg Louganis On The Wheaties Box?