When Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara checked Montreal Canadiens left wing Max Pacioretty into the boards Tuesday night, he left Pacioretty with a concussion and a broken vertebra. Chara wasn’t suspended, but Elliotte Friedman of the CBC’s ”Hockey Night in Canada” thinks he should have been. Bill talks with Friedman about the hit. We’ll also report on the effectiveness of the league’s ban on blind-side hits and some new proposals that will be discussed when general managers hold meetings next week.
Latest Show: March 8, 2014
- Paralympics Carry On During Turbulence
- Boy Losing His Sight Travels Around The World For NBA Game
- Spring Training With Tim Kurkjian
- Sporting KC Hopes For MLS Repeat
- Basketball Legend Dean Smith’s Struggles With Dementia
- Jeff Pearlman’s ‘Showtime’ Documents Lakers’ 1980s Dynasty
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Wheaties Box Losing Its Luster?
- Life In The NBA Development League