When Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara checked Montreal Canadiens left wing Max Pacioretty into the boards Tuesday night, he left Pacioretty with a concussion and a broken vertebra. Chara wasn’t suspended, but Elliotte Friedman of the CBC’s “Hockey Night in Canada” thinks he should have been. Bill talks with Friedman about the hit. We’ll also report on the effectiveness of the league’s ban on blind-side hits and some new proposals that will be discussed when general managers hold meetings next week.
Latest Show: October 3, 2015
- Did The NCAA Win Or Lose The O’Bannon Case Appeal?
- SMU’s Brown Suspended, MLB’s First Female Coach And New Olympic Sports?
- Right To Win: Help For Those Who Can’t Afford To ‘Pay To Play’
- Nationals Youth Academy: ‘A Mirage Amongst Tumbledown Streets’
- New Study Revives ‘Hot Hand’ Debate
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Basketball Meets The CIA In Uganda
- ‘Pine Tar Game’ Explores The Aftermath Of A Contested Home Run