When Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara checked Montreal Canadiens left wing Max Pacioretty into the boards Tuesday night, he left Pacioretty with a concussion and a broken vertebra. Chara wasn’t suspended, but Elliotte Friedman of the CBC’s “Hockey Night in Canada” thinks he should have been. Bill talks with Friedman about the hit. We’ll also report on the effectiveness of the league’s ban on blind-side hits and some new proposals that will be discussed when general managers hold meetings next week.
Latest Show: April 25, 2015
- Steve Ballmer, ‘The Most Normal $24 Billion Owner,’ Lets Loose In L.A.
- With Falling Numbers, Black College Basketball Coaches Form New Group
- In Div. I, Small Gains For Female Athletic Directors
- Making Sense Of The NFL’s Concussion Settlement
- Meet Joe Linta, An NFL Agent In Search Of Overlooked Prospects
- In ‘Natural Born Heroes,’ McDougall Leaps Into Parkour
- French Swimmer Leveaux’s Autobiography Stirs Up Controversy
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- April 17, 1979: The Night Only 250 Fans Showed Up In Oakland
- The Annapolis Cup: Drinks, Dancing And, Oh Yeah, Croquet