When Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara checked Montreal Canadiens left wing Max Pacioretty into the boards Tuesday night, he left Pacioretty with a concussion and a broken vertebra. Chara wasn’t suspended, but Elliotte Friedman of the CBC’s “Hockey Night in Canada” thinks he should have been. Bill talks with Friedman about the hit. We’ll also report on the effectiveness of the league’s ban on blind-side hits and some new proposals that will be discussed when general managers hold meetings next week.
Latest Show: July 26, 2014
- NFL Concussion Settlement Draws Concerns
- The Rivalry That Could Save Golf?
- As Traditional Golf Courses Shutter, Topgolf Draws Crowds
- Cardinals-Cubs Kerfuffle Over MLB’s Competitive-Balance Lottery
- Drama And Heroics At Wiffle Ball All-Star Game
- Old-Timers Rule At Snoopy’s Senior World Hockey Tournament
- Commentary: Crime And Punishment In The NFL
- Charlie Pierce: News Of The Week
- Ji Cheng: China’s First Tour De France Rider
- Commonwealth Games Showcase Scottish National Pride