When Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara checked Montreal Canadiens left wing Max Pacioretty into the boards Tuesday night, he left Pacioretty with a concussion and a broken vertebra. Chara wasn’t suspended, but Elliotte Friedman of the CBC’s “Hockey Night in Canada” thinks he should have been. Bill talks with Friedman about the hit. We’ll also report on the effectiveness of the league’s ban on blind-side hits and some new proposals that will be discussed when general managers hold meetings next week.
Latest Show: September 13, 2014
- The NFL, Ray Rice And Roger Goodell
- Will Leitch On The Rice Saga
- NFL’s TV ‘Blackout’ Rule In Jeopardy
- Buffalo Bills’ Fans Relieved After Sale
- Will The Royal And Ancient Golf Club Admit Women?
- ‘NFL Football’ Explores League’s Business History
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- When Washington, D.C. Ruled Baseball
- The Rise, Fall And Rise Of Pinball