When Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara checked Montreal Canadiens left wing Max Pacioretty into the boards Tuesday night, he left Pacioretty with a concussion and a broken vertebra. Chara wasn’t suspended, but Elliotte Friedman of the CBC’s ”Hockey Night in Canada” thinks he should have been. Bill talks with Friedman about the hit. We’ll also report on the effectiveness of the league’s ban on blind-side hits and some new proposals that will be discussed when general managers hold meetings next week.
Latest Show: April 19, 2014
- Sharks Vs. Kings: Hockey Nights In California
- Tiny Union College Takes Hockey Title
- A Conversation With Baseball Legend Johnny Bench
- The Boston Marathon One Year Later
- Boston University Holds Concert For Bombing Victims
- Inspired College Students Make Signs To Inspire Boston Runners
- Steve Bilko: Most Famous Minor Leaguer Ever?
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Unlimited Food For NCAA Athletes?
- Rugby Sevens Tourney Offers Olympic Preview