Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: August 23, 2014
- Why Is Ohio State Trying To Be The Philadelphia Eagles?
- Ahead Of US Open, Eyes Turn To Canada’s Tennis Star
- Spanish Economic Troubles Trickle Down To Soccer
- Little League World Series: How Much Coverage Is Too Much?
- Hong Kong Little League: No Glamour, All Fun
- ‘The Opening Kickoff’ Reveals Controversies Of Football’s Early Days
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Dick Bavetta: 39 Years As An NBA Ref
- Crash In The Grass: Lawn Mower Demolition Derby