Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: January 24, 2015
- ‘Deflate Gate’ And The Psychology Of Cheating In Sports
- The Legacy Of Retiring Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig
- With Max Scherzer, Are Washington Nationals World Series Favorites?
- Advice For Coach K: High School Basketball Coach And Her 1000th Win
- PGA Champions Tour Turns 35
- Featured Book: ‘Is There Life After Football?’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- A Pioneering Basketball Coach Safeguards MLK’s Priceless Speech
- Fat Bikes: The Winter Sport of the Future?