Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: April 19, 2014
- Sharks Vs. Kings: Hockey Nights In California
- Tiny Union College Takes Hockey Title
- A Conversation With Baseball Legend Johnny Bench
- The Boston Marathon One Year Later
- Boston University Holds Concert For Bombing Victims
- Inspired College Students Make Signs To Inspire Boston Runners
- Steve Bilko: Most Famous Minor Leaguer Ever?
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Unlimited Food For NCAA Athletes?
- Rugby Sevens Tourney Offers Olympic Preview