Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
October 25, 2014
- In A Pinch, The Royals Run
- Does Barry Bonds Get Too Much Blame For The Steroids Era?
- Detroit Lions’ Strong Start
- Clippers Set To Begin Post-Sterling Era
- UNC Academic Scandal Broadens Following Wainstein Report
- Bob Ryan Reflects On A Career Covering Sports In ‘Scribe’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- MLB Broadcaster Carries Out A Friend’s Final Wish
- Poland’s Jewish History Plays Out On Soccer Pitch