Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Coming Up: May 23, 2015
- Michael Sam, Women’s World Cup And The NBA’s Foul Problem
- Sport Is Politics For 73-Year-Old FC Barcelona Fan
- American Pharoah Could Win Triple Crown … But Won’t Save Racing
- Can A Love Of Horse Racing And A Love Of Animals Co-Exist?
- ‘(Dis)Honesty’ Explores Why People — And Athletes — Cheat
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘League Of Outsider Baseball’ And The Sino-Japanese War
- Competitive Hoop Rolling: A Wellesley College Tradition