Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: July 4, 2015
- Flag Exchange For NASCAR Fans; Blatter’s Travel Plans And A-Rod’s Comeback
- The NBA’s Most Interesting Free Agency Pitches
- Dustin Brown: A Tennis Man With A Van
- Physical Pain, Emotional Healing At U.S. Army ‘Combatives’ Tournament
- Has The Wrong Coolidge Been Added To The Nats’ Presidents Race?
- Commentary: Why Jose Canseco Really Regrets ‘Juiced’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘Fanaticus’ Explores Why Sports Fans Get Unruly
- Trap Shooting Hits Its Target In Minnesota High Schools