Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: November 29, 2014
- SI’s Michael McCann on Ray Rice Reinstatement
- No. 1 Kentucky: Good Enough For The NBA?
- Amherst Women Set Record With 100 Home Court Wins
- College Football’s Most Storied Rivalry Trophies
- New York Times’ 4th Down Bot Brings Logic To The NFL
- Sports Radio Without The Outrage? WSJ’s Jason Gay’s Crazy Idea
- Featured Book: ‘The Game Of Our Lives’ Soccer and Identity In U.K.
- News Of The Week With Charlie Pierce
- Do Not Pass Go: Board Games Make A Comeback
- Willie Mays: Grinning Like A Cheshire Cat