Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: February 28, 2015
- Life On Major League Soccer’s Minimum Salary
- Stars Drive MLS Popularity, But Is That The Right Strategy?
- The Dangers Of The ‘Perfect’ Court Storm
- How Young Is Too Young To Start Recruiting Kids?
- Ralph Nader And A Plan To ‘Save Sports’
- Former Olympian Edwin Moses: American Sports Don’t Need Saving
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Utah Women’s Gymnastics Team: The Greatest Show On Mats
- Remembering ‘Sports Phone,’ The Go-To Service For Sports Fans, Gamblers