Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: July 26, 2014
- NFL Concussion Settlement Draws Concerns
- The Rivalry That Could Save Golf?
- As Traditional Golf Courses Shutter, Topgolf Draws Crowds
- Cardinals-Cubs Kerfuffle Over MLB’s Competitive-Balance Lottery
- Drama And Heroics At Wiffle Ball All-Star Game
- Old-Timers Rule At Snoopy’s Senior World Hockey Tournament
- Commentary: Crime And Punishment In The NFL
- Charlie Pierce: News Of The Week
- Ji Cheng: China’s First Tour De France Rider
- Commonwealth Games Showcase Scottish National Pride