Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Coming Up: February 6, 2016
- Going On 50: Don Crisman And The ‘Never Miss A Super Bowl Club’
- ‘The Game’s Not Over’ Seeks Middle Ground In Football Debate
- 3 Stories You Should Know: USWNT, Harbaugh Hoopla, Mechanical Doping
- Retired NFL Player Dave Pear: ‘It Just Wasn’t Worth It To Me’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week in Sports
- What’s It Like Watching 49 Straight Super Bowls?