Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: August 1, 2015
- Employee Rights: Tom Brady v. The Average Man
- Athens 20-All, State-Sponsored Exercise, And Robotic Umps?
- Dutee Chand Wins Gender Fight In Track And Field
- Champion Boxer Daniel Jacobs’ Biggest Fight Wasn’t In The Ring
- ‘Mashi’ Chronicles Journey of Japan’s First MLB Player
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- After Accident, ‘Madman’ Poole Uses Handcycle To Conquer Backcountry
- NFL Youth Exercise Program: Healthy Fun Or Marketing Ploy?