Phil Southerland was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at seven months old and must test his blood sugar up to 20 times a day. However, Southerland hasn’t let the disease stop him. He cycled at the collegiate level and co-founded Team Type 1, a professional cycling team for athletes with diabetes. Bill talks with Southerland about raising diabetes awareness across the globe.
Latest Show: May 21, 2016
- Not Dead Yet: The Unpredictable History Of Baseball’s Bunt
- A Magazine Editor’s Attempt To Get (Very) Good At Tennis
- 3 Stories: Zero Latino Managers, NCAA Concussion Lawsuits, David Ortiz
- High-Interest Loans Tempt Families Waiting For NFL Settlement Checks
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Tommy Warren: A WWII Veteran Turned MLB Pitcher