If your “Spidey sense” is tingling, it’s because comic book legend Stan Lee is a guest on this week’s show! Lee created many of Marvel Comics’ most iconic superheroes – Spider-Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four, to name a few. Now, he’s partnering with the NHL for the Guardians Project and has created 30 new heroes, one for each team. They’ll be unveiled during the NHL All-Star Game Sunday. Bill talks with Lee about the new creations and his career in comics. Here’s a sneak preview of some of the NHL Guardians.
Today's Show: April 25, 2015
- Steve Ballmer, ‘The Most Normal $24 Billion Owner,’ Lets Loose In L.A.
- With Falling Numbers, Black College Basketball Coaches Form New Group
- In Div. I, Small Gains For Female Athletic Directors
- Making Sense Of The NFL’s Concussion Settlement
- Meet Joe Linta, An NFL Agent In Search Of Overlooked Prospects
- In ‘Natural Born Heroes,’ McDougall Leaps Into Parkour
- French Swimmer Leveaux’s Autobiography Stirs Up Controversy
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- April 17, 1979: The Night Only 250 Fans Showed Up In Oakland
- The Annapolis Cup: Drinks, Dancing And, Oh Yeah, Croquet