Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Latest Show: April 19, 2014
- Sharks Vs. Kings: Hockey Nights In California
- Tiny Union College Takes Hockey Title
- A Conversation With Baseball Legend Johnny Bench
- The Boston Marathon One Year Later
- Boston University Holds Concert For Bombing Victims
- Inspired College Students Make Signs To Inspire Boston Runners
- Steve Bilko: Most Famous Minor Leaguer Ever?
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Unlimited Food For NCAA Athletes?
- Rugby Sevens Tourney Offers Olympic Preview