Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Coming Up: February 6, 2016
- Going On 50: Don Crisman And The ‘Never Miss A Super Bowl Club’
- ‘The Game’s Not Over’ Seeks Middle Ground In Football Debate
- 3 Stories You Should Know: USWNT, Harbaugh Hoopla, Mechanical Doping
- Retired NFL Player Dave Pear: ‘It Just Wasn’t Worth It To Me’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week in Sports
- What’s It Like Watching 49 Straight Super Bowls?