Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Latest Show: January 24, 2015
- ‘Deflate Gate’ And The Psychology Of Cheating In Sports
- The Legacy Of Retiring Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig
- With Max Scherzer, Are Washington Nationals World Series Favorites?
- Advice For Coach K: High School Basketball Coach And Her 1000th Win
- PGA Champions Tour Turns 35
- Featured Book: ‘Is There Life After Football?’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- A Pioneering Basketball Coach Safeguards MLK’s Priceless Speech
- Fat Bikes: The Winter Sport of the Future?