Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Today's Show: February 28, 2015
- Life On Major League Soccer’s Minimum Salary
- Stars Drive MLS Popularity, But Is That The Right Strategy?
- The Dangers Of The ‘Perfect’ Court Storm
- How Young Is Too Young To Start Recruiting Kids?
- Ralph Nader And A Plan To ‘Save Sports’
- Former Olympian Edwin Moses: American Sports Don’t Need Saving
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Utah Women’s Gymnastics Team: The Greatest Show On Mats
- Remembering ‘Sports Phone,’ The Go-To Service For Sports Fans, Gamblers