Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Latest Show: August 23, 2014
- Why Is Ohio State Trying To Be The Philadelphia Eagles?
- Ahead Of US Open, Eyes Turn To Canada’s Tennis Star
- Spanish Economic Troubles Trickle Down To Soccer
- Little League World Series: How Much Coverage Is Too Much?
- Hong Kong Little League: No Glamour, All Fun
- ‘The Opening Kickoff’ Reveals Controversies Of Football’s Early Days
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Dick Bavetta: 39 Years As An NBA Ref
- Crash In The Grass: Lawn Mower Demolition Derby