Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Latest Show: May 23, 2015
- Michael Sam, Women’s World Cup And The NBA’s Foul Problem
- Sport Is Politics For 73-Year-Old FC Barcelona Fan
- American Pharoah Could Win Triple Crown … But Won’t Save Racing
- Can A Love Of Horse Racing And A Love Of Animals Co-Exist?
- ‘(Dis)Honesty’ Explores Why People — And Athletes — Cheat
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘League Of Outsider Baseball’ And The Sino-Japanese War
- Competitive Hoop Rolling: A Wellesley College Tradition