Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Latest Show: October 3, 2015
- Did The NCAA Win Or Lose The O’Bannon Case Appeal?
- SMU’s Brown Suspended, MLB’s First Female Coach And New Olympic Sports?
- Right To Win: Help For Those Who Can’t Afford To ‘Pay To Play’
- Nationals Youth Academy: ‘A Mirage Amongst Tumbledown Streets’
- New Study Revives ‘Hot Hand’ Debate
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Basketball Meets The CIA In Uganda
- ‘Pine Tar Game’ Explores The Aftermath Of A Contested Home Run