Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Latest Show: June 27, 2015
- Darts Study Proves The Power Of Rivalries
- Inside South American Soccer Rivalries
- Ken Dryden On Canada’s Stanley Cup Rivalry With The U.S.
- MLB Draft Pick Pat Connaughton Drafted Again By NBA
- In Chess, The Computer Rival Becomes The Teacher
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘Great Men Die Twice’ Revisits The Writing Of Mark Kram
- The Battle For The Waves: Surfers Vs. S.U.P.ers