Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Latest Show: August 29, 2015
- 10 Years Post-Katrina, The Role Of Sports In New Orleans’ Recovery
- The Future Of Sports Betting, The Mets’ Surge And The Value Of ‘Team Chemistry’
- Rugby Star Leaves Australia For Try At The NFL
- Fowling: Football-Bowling Hybrid Strikes Detroit
- ‘Year Of The Dunk’ Extends Above The Rim
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- No Sibling Rivalry Here: Katie And Michael Ledecky
- Is It Time To Put Diver Greg Louganis On The Wheaties Box?