Ever stare down a piece of rubber that’s rocketing at your head at over 100 miles per hour? Would you do it without a helmet? Before modern-day netminders could dazzle crowds with acrobatic stops, hockey goalies had to be a lot more careful with their crania. As the invention of hockey’s goalie facemask turned 50, Only A Game’s Doug Tribou celebrated the innovation.
Latest Show: March 8, 2014
- Paralympics Carry On During Turbulence
- Boy Losing His Sight Travels Around The World For NBA Game
- Spring Training With Tim Kurkjian
- Sporting KC Hopes For MLS Repeat
- Basketball Legend Dean Smith’s Struggles With Dementia
- Jeff Pearlman’s ‘Showtime’ Documents Lakers’ 1980s Dynasty
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Wheaties Box Losing Its Luster?
- Life In The NBA Development League