From the time she was in grade school, Elena Delle Donne was expected to do great things on the basketball court. But, after earning a full-ride to one of the nation’s top basketball programs, Delle Donne abruptly took a year off from her chosen sport. Now she’s back playing basketball for her hometown team, and Joel Rose has the story.
Today's Show: May 23, 2015
- Michael Sam, Women’s World Cup And The NBA’s Foul Problem
- Sport Is Politics For 73-Year-Old FC Barcelona Fan
- American Pharoah Could Win Triple Crown … But Won’t Save Racing
- Can A Love Of Horse Racing And A Love Of Animals Co-Exist?
- ‘(Dis)Honesty’ Explores Why People — And Athletes — Cheat
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘League Of Outsider Baseball’ And The Sino-Japanese War
- Competitive Hoop Rolling: A Wellesley College Tradition