In 1821 the president of Williams College left to found Amherst College. A great rivalry began and in 1859 the two western Massachusetts schools played the first intercollegiate baseball game, on neutral ground in Pittsfield, MA. Only A Game’s Doug Tribou attended a vintage game honoring the 150th anniversary and brought back some photos.
October 25, 2014
- In A Pinch, The Royals Run
- Does Barry Bonds Get Too Much Blame For The Steroids Era?
- Detroit Lions’ Strong Start
- Clippers Set To Begin Post-Sterling Era
- UNC Academic Scandal Broadens Following Wainstein Report
- Bob Ryan Reflects On A Career Covering Sports In ‘Scribe’
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- MLB Broadcaster Carries Out A Friend’s Final Wish
- Poland’s Jewish History Plays Out On Soccer Pitch