In 1821 the president of Williams College left to found Amherst College. A great rivalry began and in 1859 the two western Massachusetts schools played the first intercollegiate baseball game, on neutral ground in Pittsfield, MA. Only A Game’s Doug Tribou attended a vintage game honoring the 150th anniversary and brought back some photos.
Latest Show: September 27, 2014
- Debunking MLB Playoff Myths
- NY Baseball: Jeter’s Goodbye And Mets’ Malaise
- New Jersey’s Sports Betting Gamble
- The NFL, Bill Simmons And ESPN’s Intertwined Interests
- Texas Longhorns Try To Change Football Culture
- Cricket’s New Hotbed: Nebraska?
- New Book Details First Tie In Ryder Cup History
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- 40 Years Later, Soviet Athlete’s Life-Saving Heroics Remembered
- Grid: Turning CrossFit Into A Sport