In 1821 the president of Williams College left to found Amherst College. A great rivalry began and in 1859 the two western Massachusetts schools played the first intercollegiate baseball game, on neutral ground in Pittsfield, MA. Only A Game’s Doug Tribou attended a vintage game honoring the 150th anniversary and brought back some photos.
Latest Show: November 21, 2015
- Has College Basketball Gotten Boring?
- With Shot Clock Shortened, Will Slower Offenses Struggle?
- Two Sportsmen Face Life After Paris
- Kermit Alexander And The Boy He Didn’t Help
- Sports Mentors Help Kids Take ‘Tiny Steps’ To A Better Life
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘Fox Tossing’ Looks Back On Strange And Forgotten Games
- A Real Page-Turner: Libraries Battle For Book-Sorting Championship