In 1821 the president of Williams College left to found Amherst College. A great rivalry began and in 1859 the two western Massachusetts schools played the first intercollegiate baseball game, on neutral ground in Pittsfield, MA. Only A Game’s Doug Tribou attended a vintage game honoring the 150th anniversary and brought back some photos.
Latest Show: June 27, 2015
- Darts Study Proves The Power Of Rivalries
- Inside South American Soccer Rivalries
- Ken Dryden On Canada’s Stanley Cup Rivalry With The U.S.
- MLB Draft Pick Pat Connaughton Drafted Again By NBA
- In Chess, The Computer Rival Becomes The Teacher
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- ‘Great Men Die Twice’ Revisits The Writing Of Mark Kram
- The Battle For The Waves: Surfers Vs. S.U.P.ers