In 1821 the president of Williams College left to found Amherst College. A great rivalry began and in 1859 the two western Massachusetts schools played the first intercollegiate baseball game, on neutral ground in Pittsfield, MA. Only A Game’s Doug Tribou attended a vintage game honoring the 150th anniversary and brought back some photos.
Today's Show: February 28, 2015
- Life On Major League Soccer’s Minimum Salary
- Stars Drive MLS Popularity, But Is That The Right Strategy?
- The Dangers Of The ‘Perfect’ Court Storm
- How Young Is Too Young To Start Recruiting Kids?
- Ralph Nader And A Plan To ‘Save Sports’
- Former Olympian Edwin Moses: American Sports Don’t Need Saving
- Charlie Pierce: The Week In Sports
- Utah Women’s Gymnastics Team: The Greatest Show On Mats
- Remembering ‘Sports Phone,’ The Go-To Service For Sports Fans, Gamblers